The game I kept for our family is called Pop Belly. We have enjoyed playing it.
1. Self-Portrait Feet- Trace around your foot on a piece of paper. Draw a face in it for a funny self portrait.
2. Create A Story- One player starts a story with one word, each player adds a word to create the story.
3. Time Capsule- Fill an empty container with various items. It could be a picture, recipes, or family news. Date the items. Bury the container somewhere it won't be found for awhile.
4. Tube People- Use paper towel or toilet paper tubes to create people with markers, paper and glue. Make a whole town!
5. Fall Leaves fun- Press colorful leaves with an iron between 2 wax paper pieces. Cut them out to use as name tags, arrange a wreath, scatter for a centerpiece, or embellish cards and picture frames.
6. Texture Paper- put a piece of paper on a brick or cement and rub a crayon across it. See how the texture shows. Find different textures you can use to create a piece of art, wrapping paper, card, etc.
7. Sardines- Reverse version of hide and seek. One person is a hider. The others are seekers and close their eyes and count. Then the seekers look for the hider and if found, hide with them until the last person finds them all. this person is now the hider.
8. Stick nameplates- Make a name plate for your door using paper, glue and sticks.
9. Back-board- Pretend your finger is chalk and your friend's back is a backboard. Take turns drawing on each other's back and guessing what is drawn or written.
10. Charades- Take turns acting out a movie, book, character or animal. You don't necessarily need slips of paper to play. Be creative! Whoever guesses correctly goes next. For car travel, use your hands and face.
11. Follow Me- Everyone follows one leader exactly how they walk. Make people walk in circles, backwards, funny, hop, or skip.
12. Freeze Frame- One person is "it." Everyone else moves around wild and crazy until "it" yells, "Freeze Frame!" Everyone must immediately stop. Whoever doesn't stop is out. "It" yells, "Go!" to start moving again. Play until only one person is left. They are the new "it."
13. Memory Tray- Place about ten objects on a tray and have everyone study it for a minute. Take the tray away. Have the everyone write down everything they remember on the tray. Who has the best memory?
Another version: remove one item from the tray and see can remember which item is missing.
14. Draw What I Say- Draw a picture. Then have everyone attempt to draw the same thing as you describe it, without using specifics like "wheel for a car" or "window for a house." See what crazy pictures are drawn.
15. 4-Square- Draw 25 dots on a piece of paper, 5 rows across and 5 rows down. Take turns with players joining 2 dots each turn. When you complete a square, put your initials inside to claim it. At the end, count initials to see who made the most.
16. Slide a coin- All players have same size coin and slide them across a table. The player that gets the closest to the edge without going over wins.
17. Odd thing out- Have evryone leave a room and you move or remove one object. Call them back in to see if they can spot what is changed or removed.
18. I Spy- For car travel, you don't have to have the object in sight. One person starts by saying, "I spy with my little eye_____" and fills in the blank with a generic description of anything. People guess what it is. Winner spies next.
19. Dry-erase drawing- Dry erase markers make fun drawings on car windows or home windows. Write backwards so others can read it.
20. No-no words- When you start a road trip, pick 3 words nobody can say. Then try to trick them into saying them! change words for added fun.
21. Going on a trip- Leader starts the game with, "I am going on a trip and taking ______ with me." The next player repeats the line including the item and adds an item to take along. The game continues as players add items to the list until someone forgets an item. They are out of the game. Game continues until only one person is left.
22. Travel ABC game variation- While traveling, search for something that starts with the letter A. Next B, and then C. Play until all the letters of the alphabet are found.