Four days later we finished putting ornaments on it.
A mishap with the lights delayed the decorating. I strung about ten strands of lights all hooked together. They all went out that night. Bummer! I googled and figured out that I had too many strands linked together. Luckily we have an extension cord with four separate plugs along it so I could separate the strands into groups of three.
Yay, I didn't have to re-string the whole tree! I wouldn't have anyway. We would have had a tree without working lights, ha ha. I like the natural tree look. Alpines are beautiful on their own. I wish we had some growing in our house! Or at least around our house.